Replace Your Missing Teeth with Durable and Beautiful-looking Dental Implants
Whether you have lost one or more teeth, dental implants are the ideal teeth replacement option to bring your smile back to life. A dental implant replaces the tooth root and is completed with a natural-looking crown, denture, or bridge to ensure your tooth feels, looks, and functions like your natural teeth.
Would you like to replace your missing teeth in Kalispell, Montana? Please schedule an appointment with Alpine Family Dental. Dr. Evan Olson and the team offer high-quality dental implants to restore your smile’s function and beauty while preserving your natural dentition.
The dental implant procedure
The dental implant procedures begin with a thorough evaluation by Dr. Olson to determine your eligibility for dental implants. We look for factors like bone density, overall oral health, and medical history to establish your eligibility for dental implants. We use digital x-rays and CT scans to precisely plan the dental implant procedure.
After the initial consultation, the other steps involved in dental implant treatment include:
- Pre-surgery procedures: Patients with bone loss must undergo bone grafting to replenish lost bone tissue. Similarly, if you have a troublesome tooth, you must extract it first to create room for an implant. Typically an implant can be placed 4 months after a bone graft.
- Dental implant surgery: We anesthetize your gums for maximum comfort before surgery. However, if you have dental anxiety or fear, our dentists can discuss sedation dentistry, to ensure a worry-free dental experience. Once you are at ease, we incise your gums to reveal the underlying bone. We carefully and precisely drill a small hole into the bone, where the dental implant’s titanium post will be placed. Finally, we place a healing cap on the implant before suturing the wound site to begin healing.
- Healing and integration: We leave your implant for 3-4 months to allow the titanium post and bone to fuse through osseointegration. During the healing period, observe diligent oral care to ensure successful integration.
- Abutment placement: Once osseointegration occurs, we’ll uncover your implant to replace the healing cap with a connector (abutment) that links your implant to the final restoration. This minor surgery needs about two weeks for the gums to heal.
- Dental crown placement: After two weeks of healing, you’ll return to our office to complete the dental implant procedure. We’ll take the impressions of your implant that will guide us when fabricating your dental crown right here in our office, thanks to CEREC technology. Once your CEREC crown is ready, we permanently attach it to the abutment, completing the dental implant restoration.
Once the components of the dental implants settle in place, they won’t shift and don’t need adjustments or replacements in the future. The only part that might require replacement, typically after approximately 15 years, is the dental crown. Indeed, dental implants provide a long-lasting and permanent solution to tooth loss.
Benefits of dental implants
Expertly placed dental implants leave you with a confident smile that looks natural and beautiful. Patients and dentists alike love dental implants because they offer numerous benefits.
- Unrivaled aesthetics
- Improved ability to speak and eat confidently
- Dental implants stimulate the jawbone to prevent bone deterioration
- Preserved facial structure
- Low maintenance
- Stabilizing nearby teeth
- Improved quality of life
- Enhanced oral health
Dental implants near me
Dental implants are a long-term investment in your smile and oral health. Ready to enjoy the transformation powers of dental implants? Please call (406) 393-8877 to schedule a consultation with Alpine Family Dental of Kalispell, MT.